The following are resources provided by the speakers from the 2016 MacDeployment Conference.
Conference Day Resources
Managing the User Experience – Tim Sutton
Macs in Windows Server Environments: Binding to AD (or not) – Luis Giraldo
Intro to 3D Printing for Mac Admins – Rob Furr and Anthony Reimer
Free/Open Source or Commercial/Closed Source: What’s Right For You? – Tom Bridge and Luis Giraldo, with Teri Grossheim and Tim Sutton
We experimented with recording a discussion session. Because it was a valuable discussion, we sought and received permission from the speakers to post this recording.
Tom Bridge (technolutionary.com) and Luis Giraldo (ook.co) are featured in a lively discussion about why you might choose open source software or commercial software (or both) with regards to managing and maintaining Macs. Teri Grossheim (JAMF Software) and Tim Sutton (macops.ca) join in when the session is opened for questions and comments from the MacDeployment Conference audience. Hosted by Anthony Reimer. All opinions are those of the individuals speaking and not of any corporate affiliation they may have.
Minimal editing has been done, content-wise, to this recording. (Balancing the voices in a non-separated mix was another matter!) One audience member comment and the related discussion was deleted due to the original commenter not being permitted by their employer to be recorded as a matter of policy.
Mac Admins Conferences
- Slides (Conference names have live links to the relevant web pages)
Workshop Day Resources
Some of the unplanned mentions during the workshop were recorded in the MacAdmins Slack #MacDeploy channel and have been added here (thanks to Mark Cohen, Tim, and Tom).
- AutoDMG — Per Olofsson (includes link to Anthony Reimer’s presentation on Modular Image Creation)
- CreateUserPkg — Per Olofsson
- OS X Server — Apple (no, they haven’t rebranded it in the App Store)
- DeployStudio Documentation
- DeployStudio Forum thread on El Capitan + Fusion Drive issue
- Apple’s support article related to the underlying issue
- Bender (for backing up your OS X Server data) — Forget Computers
- mcxToProfile — Tim Sutton
- make-profile-pkg — Tim Sutton
- Munki in a box (installs AutoPkg, AutoPkgr, Munki, Munkireport-php, MunkiAdmin, Munki-enroll) — Tom Bridge
- Going MAD – Munki, AutoPkg, and DeployStudio (Slides, Video) — Steve Yuroff @ MacAdmins at PSU 2014
- DeployStudio – Average Joe to Pro in an Hour (Slides, Video) — Nathan Felton and Rusty Myers @ MacAdmins at PSU 2015
- DeployStudio: Up and Running in 60 Minutes (Slides 2013, Video 2013, Video 2012) — Nathan Felton et al @ MacAdmins at PSU
- Administering Office 2016 for Mac, Part Deux (Slides, Video) — Paul Bowden (Microsoft) and William Smith @ MacAdmins at PSU 2016
- Administering Office 2016 for Mac (Slides, Video) — William Smith @ MacAdmins at PSU 2015
- The Girl with the Guy with the Dragon Tattoo [recovering a stolen MacBook] (Slides, Video) — Andrina Kelly @ MacSysAdmin 2013
- The New Frontier of Apple Deployment and Management (Slides, Video) — John Kitzmiller (a.k.a. Kitzy) @ MacAdmins at PSU 2015
- Agile Deployment with the Casper Suite (Video) — John Kitzmiller (a.k.a. Kitzy) @ MacADUK 2016
- Munki Around: A Hands on Lab (Slides, Video) — Nate Walck @ MacAdmins at PSU 2012